Protecting your Identity
The number of Americans who have experienced identity theft has surpassed 27 million, with the incidence rate increasing every year. Substantial measures are in place at Valliance Bank to protect your identity and your accounts against theft and fraud. For example, stringent bank privacy policies protect your personal and financial information.
Password protection for online transactions helps assure your online security. When using our online services, you develop a password that only you should know. Encryption of online transactions with the bank converts your information into secure code, protecting against hackers.
Maximum security is only possible with your help. Here’s what you can do to help stop these crimes before they happen:
Do not give out financial information such as checking and credit card numbers, or your Social Security Number unless you know the person or organization.
- Report lost or stolen check immediately.
- Notify your banker of suspicious phone inquiries such as those asking for account information to “verify a statement” or “award a prize”.
- Closely guard your ATM PIN and receipts.
- Shred any financial statements and bank statements before disposing of them.
- Put outgoing mail in a secure, official Postal Service collection box.
- If regular bills fail to reach you, call the company to find out why.
- If your bills include questionable items, don’t ignore them. Instead, investigate immediately to avoid potential fraud.
- Periodically contact the major credit reporting companies to review your file and make certain the information is correct. (See Credit Bureau information below):
Place a fraud alert: 1.800.766.0008
Order a credit report: 1.800.685.1111
Place a fraud alert: 1.888.397.3742
Order a credit report: 1.888.397.3742
Place a fraud alert: 1.800.680.7289
Order a credit report: 1.800.888.4213
How to obtain a free credit report.
*By accessing the noted links you will be leaving the Valliance Bank website and entering a website hosted by another party.A Please be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Valliance Bank’s website.